The oats, seeds and nuts in this Granola will help increase levels of healthy gut bacteria due to the high fibre content.
It will also help reduce cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Studies also show that Maca can help relieve menopausal symptoms in women. Top with some kefir/yoghurt and some colourful berries for additional protein and vitamins. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Making homemade granola is super easy and a highly nutritious way to start your day.
• 250g organic porridge oats
• 80g pumpkin seeds
• 80g flaked almonds
• 80g pecans (or other nut of choice)
• 1/4tsp vanilla extract
• 3tbsp coconut oil
• 3tbsp maple syrup
• 50g desiccated coconut
• 1tsp cinnamon
• 2tbsp Maca powder
• Preheat the oven to 150C and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper
• Mix the oats, pumpkin seeds, flaked almonds, pecans & desiccated coconut in a bowl
• Melt the coconut oil in a pan and add to the bowl of dry ingredients, along with the maple syrup, cinnamon and Maca powder
• Spread evenly over the baking trays and cook in the oven for 25 mins, stirring half way through.
• Once golden brown, remove from oven and leave to cool before putting in an airtight container
• Enjoy with either yoghurt, kefir, berries or nut milk